Hello from the Great Western Catskills, where the weather has finally turned. Spring weather is truly upon us and it’s about time!
This is the 5th issue of the Scout Upstate Newsletter.
🌱 🌸 🌿
- Adrift, Photography Exhibit by Magda Biernat - Now through May 26th, Roxbury Arts Center
- Fantastic Woman - April 27/29th @ 7:15 pm, Rosendale Theatre
- Seeing Nature’s Mind | Regenerating Place - April 27th – May 2, 2018, Spillian, Fleischmanns
- Cabin Fever Dance - April 27th @ 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm, Windham
- Friends of the Upper Delaware River One Bug - April 27th @ 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Hancock
- Trout Appetizers on Lake Wawaka - April 28th, Halcottsville
- Game of Logging Level 1 - April 28th @ 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Delancey
- Beginning Maple Program and Backyard Reverse Osmosis - April 28th, Acra
- Bridge Street Theatre Performathon - April 28th @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm, Bridge Street Theatre, Catskill
- Catskill Interpretive Center Spring Open House - April 28 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm, Mount Tremper
- Sporting Legends of the Catskills - April 28 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Phoenicia Library, Phoenicia
- The Outside Institute Spring Ephemerals Walk - April 28th @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm, Roscoe
- Reflections From A Dream Artists’ Reception - April 28th @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, Erpf Gallery, Roscoe
- TAP New York at Hunter Mountain - April 28th/29th, Hunter Mountain
- Writers Unbound - April 29 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Union Grove Distillery, Arkville
- A Catskills Angling Weekend - May 4 @ 3:00 pm - May 6 @ 12:00 pm, Ashokan Dreams, West Shokan
- Catskills Great Outdoor Expo - May 5th @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, Kingston
- All Seasons Sportsmen’s Expo - May 5th @ 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
- Spring Foraging - May 6th @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, Hudson
- Fantastic Woman - May 2nd @ 1:00 pm, Rosendale Theatre
Be sure to check links for information regarding tickets/reservations and other details.
In the News
- ESD Announces Grand Opening of Newly Renovated Park Theater in Downtown Glens Falls - “Empire State Development today announced the grand opening of the renovated historic Park Theater in downtown Glens Falls, Warren County. The newly restored 220-seat theater will host live performances and includes flexible event space and Doc’s Restaurant, named after Dr. Harold Kirkpatrick, the theater’s former owner. The project supports the economic development efforts underway in Glens Falls, complementing the City’s selection as the winner of the $10 million Downtown Revitalization Initiative for the Capital Region.”
- Explore the Catskills on a rail bike - You can now tour parts of upstate
on a bike. On rails.on a rail bike! Learn more in the article from Hudson Valley News, at the link. Opening day is already sold out. Trips are from Phoenicia to near Boiceville.
- The Tastemakers, Issue #9 of Dveight Magazine, featuring Sunrise Ruffalo, is now available for order (free copies can also be found at destinations around Upstate New York).
- We’ve added 25 new entries to our own guide this past week. Check them out on the Scout Upstate guide page. Browse by category or view them all on a map.
Scout Upstate wishes you a lovely week/weekend!